Email used without permission…


Earlier today a spammer got access to one of my email accounts and sent something on the order of 6,000 spam emails in a very short period of time.  I suspect that it was a result of a flaw in one of the WordPress plugins that was used on this site. 

I’ve disabled and removed the plugin and deleted the email account that was used for spam. I also disabled and re-enabled PHP on the site in an attempt to flush any potential lingering connections.

I only became aware of this from the rapid receipt of a few dozen notifications of rejected emails that I had not sent.  I think that the issue is resolved but I’m still getting  a few “Delivery Failure” messages.  I’m hoping that these are not from new emails but just taking some time to get back to me. 

I apologise to anyone receiving a spam email from my server and hope to prevent any reocurrance.